Custom Search

Splashers!! Drinking the kool-aid...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back to LD with Big Chip and Tom...


Big Chip hadn't seen the seas for a spell and so it was with pleasure that I attended his re-introduction tonight at Les Davis. Our good buddy Tom Carlson also joined in to make three for this splash. We followed around a couple red octo's early on, and then explored the bridge decking for the last leg of our dive. It was a good night for marine life - a nice variety of nudibranchs meandering about, opalescent squid showing up in ones and twos mid-water, a large decorated warbonnet playing hide and seek inside a metal pipe, and to my surprise a new find. On the way out I spotted in my peripheral view a color that just seemed out of place for our waters. I turned towards it to find that it was in fact a fish sporting a bright pink color with what appeared to be a golden orange nimbus about it. It was very cool, but it wasn't going to stand still for a good picture... so of all the attempted shots of it this was the best of the bunch.

Photobucket

Once I got home I just had to ID it, and through a bit of web-surfing finally found what I believe it to be... a Red Brotula. See... we do have some good color to our fish here.

Dive Buddy Group: Chip Townsend & Tom Carlson
(78fsw for 42mins)

No comments: