Custom Search

Splashers!! Drinking the kool-aid...

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mi amigo Dan y yo en la ensenada dos... aka Alki...


Dan E. and I decided to head north today and make a late afternoon dive out at Alki - Cove 2. Although he and I frequently enter the water as part of a larger group of divers, we haven't buddied up as a pair since early February of this year. So when he suggested we make a splash today, I took him up on the offer and we set a course to West Seattle.

We arrived to a fairly empty lot at the ole Fish and Chips, so parking was a cinch. I backed in, tossed open the trunk, and we got to the routine of prepping our gear. It wasn't long before we were signaling to each other that we were ready to descend and off we went, slowly making our way to depth.

Our pre-dive plan of reaching the I-Beams was tossed out pretty early on. We were off the beaten path a bit, and found ourselves east of our target by quite a distance. Instead of making an effort to get to them and burn up our bottom time, we choose to continue on to the east and explore this new territory. I'm always down for further exploration of a familiar site, and much like me Dan is always happy just to be underwater, so it worked out well. Now that I've had the opportunity to check this area out I can't say that I'd put it on my list of "to do agains", but you have to know - to know.

The desert that we were in soon gave way to familiar landmarks as we made our way to the south. We were looking under everything we could to see if anyone was home, but the dive site felt like Seahawk stadium at halftime, with the home team down 55-0. Empty! Oh well, can't win them all. Right, hawk fans...? ;)~

Hasta luego!!

Dive Buddy: Dan Estrada (92fsw for 48mins.)

No comments: